Rev. George Adegboye
While seeking the face of God for the day’s message, Rev. George Adegboye was specifically told by God through the Holy Spirit that the next five years of The Word Alive Ministries would experience divine restoration in all dimensions.
Ps 50:7 – Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God.
Joel 2:25-27 – And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
What precedes restoration like any other thing God would do is always a definite word from God in form of a promise in line with the scriptures. This is the seed which any believer desirous of restoration should nurture into maturity before the fulfillment of the promise.
A word for restoration usually carries with it some implications namely:
– INSIGHT: God’s word gives insight into His will for His children. James 1:21, I John 2:17, Acts 21:14.
– PROCLAMATION: God proclaims His plans and visions for us through His word. Jer 29:11, Is 55:8-9.
– REVELATION: God’s word brings about revelation as to what He is able to do. Ephe 3:20, Matt 19:26.
– PREDICTION: God’s word gives a prediction of what to expect. Prov 3:18, Is 54:17, II Cor 4:18.
– WEAPON OF WARFARE: God’s word is a sword with which a believer fights the fight of faith. II Cor 10:3-5, Ephe 6:16 & 17, I John 4:4.
WHY DOES GOD RESTORE?
He restores us in order to:
. Show us His love, His care and His concern. Mark 1:35-41, I Pet 5:7, Ps 55:22.
. Replace what the enemy has stolen, killed and destroyed with something better and bigger. John 10:10, Is 58:12, Ps 147:3.
. Empowers us to fulfil His purpose in life. Ps 118:17 & 24, Is 42:8, III Jn 2.
. Advertise His glory and honour to the outside world through us.