Favour is a force; and by its nature, it is crucial and powerful. Therefore, it calls for a thoughtful consideration and an in-depth learning. Favour is more important than talent and beauty. It is also more important than education. Truly, talent, beauty and education can move you up on life’s ladder of success, but favour can speed you up. If you enjoy human kindness it is called favour; if it’s God’s, it is called Divine Favour.
Favour has a modus operandi. Understanding this will help you harness the forces and benefits of divine favor. Sometimes when you pray, warfare engagement may be needless, rather a request for divine favour may be quintessential. Friend, you can be favoured or disfavoured; because there exist forces that work against or destroy favour in people’s lives. I pray you will not be a victim of disfavour in Jesus name. Amen.
Favour is not based on any empirical principle; instead it is subjective. It makes things happen. It can bring victory, safety and deliverance. When things work effortlessly for you it implies there is a favour factor behind the scene.
8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. 9 Now God had brought Daniel into favour and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
What is favour?
It is a divine influence exacted upon the heart with a physical manifestation upon your life. It is a spiritual essence and forceful in nature making people work for you.
Pro 16:7 When a man’s ways please Jehovah, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
Thoughts on Favour:
- Favour can be obtained, Luk 1:26-29, Esther 2:15.
- God can favour a whole nation, Exo 11:3.
- A whole nation can come under disfavour, Exo 12:36
- Divine favour gives life, Psa 30:5.
- You can grow in favour, Luk 2:52.
What brings favour into operation?
- By election. God chooses whom to favour, Deut 9:5, Psa 44:3 For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
- By vision and dreams. God’s given vision and dreams attracts favour, Gen 39:2-4 & 21.
- By living right, Pro 14:9, Psa 5:12.
- By showing favour to other people, Pro 11:27, 12:2.
- By listening to the instructions of wisdom, Pro 8:35, 13:15
- By finding a good wife or husband, Pro 18:22, 19:14.
What works against favour?
- Curse, Deut 28:50.
- Sin, Pro 14:9, Isa 59:1-2.
- Disobedience to God.
- Time (past or elapsed time).
Three things to activate the force of favour
- Ask for it, Mat 7:7 Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.
- Have a dram or a vision for your life.
- Fasting and prayers.
Favour can make you accepted in the face of rejection. It can qualify you for special honours. Favour can grow and diminish. When where is no favour, it is possible for life’s effort to be dissipated. May you be God’s chosen for divine favour this season in Jesus name. Amen.
God bless you.