BY PASTOR ALEX ADEGBOYE
Man is a powerful tool. God is willing to use this tool to bring to pass His will on earth. Whether male or female, good or bad, God uses men. God has no other operation but use men to fulfill His will on earth. He cannot do anything on earth without using men. Our task is to identify the way God is willing to use us to fulfill His mandate on earth. Man by design and nature was created for use. In this study, we shall see how God uses men. The very essence of man’s use by God is to use him to build His kingdom on earth.
Mat 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
God wants to use all of us. This is an important realization. The reason God kept you alive is to be used for His glory. He wants your life to count. Our life is a lease. The reason God gave us this lease is to use us for His glory. He uses all kinds of people: sinners, the depraved, cheats, the rich and the poor, the powerful and the weak.
1 Tim 1:12-13 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
Apostle Paul, (formerly Saul of Tarsus), one of the worst and most terrible men in his days was used by God. Even the worst of men can be used by God. The important thing is how is God using you?
THE DYNAMICS IN THE USE OF MEN BY GOD
God is a spirit and uses men by His Spirit (the Holy Spirit). We need to understand this to be used by God. You will never know how self-willed you are until your will clashes with God’s will.
1 Cor 1:4-7 I thank my God always on your behalf for the grace of God given you in Jesus Christ, that in everything you are enriched by Him, in all speech and in all knowledge; even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you; so that you come behind in no gift, waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Apostle Paul is saying here that you are enriched. This implies you are a plutocrat; that is, exceedingly rich and successful. This means God has enriched you and given you everything so that the testimony of Jesus can be confirmed in your life – so that you can shine for Him. This means, potentially, everything has been made available for us through Christ. In every child of God is the potential to manifest divine riches. We testify about Jesus, while the Holy Spirit is a divine witness to what we testify and have been given. The testimony we proclaim is the work of the Holy Spirit.
THREE THOUGHTS ON THE “USE”
- God chooses whom He wants to use; that is His prerogative. He chose Abraham, Solomon and Esther. Gen 12:1, 1 Chron 28:2-6, Esther 2:15-17, 4:14. Our business is to preach, God’s business is to choose.
- He enriches us with everything to carry out His assignment. The fact that you have Jesus means you have all it takes for the task.
- God uses people because they make themselves available – they yield to the Holy Spirit.
God does not use people because they are perfect or talented, He uses people because they yield to Him. He is always asking: whom shall I send? Our being used by God is termed a reasonable service. Know this, you find fulfillment when God uses you.
Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
HOW DOES GOD USE PEOPLE IN HIS HOUSE?
- He uses people who commit themselves to church and its services. Psa 122:1 A Song of degrees of David. I was glad when they said unto me; Let us go into the house of the LORD. The following relates to the church –
- Coming to church is a duty, whether it is convenient or not.
- The church is a place of service to other people. You are saved to serve.
- The church is a place of power. There is more power in agreement than in individuality.
- The church is a place of consecration and intersession.
- The church is a place of instructions.
- God can use you by praying and interceding for others. Praying for others is a sign of spiritual maturity. Because intercession is the ministry of Jesus, He is looking for people who can intercede for others, Heb 7:25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
Apostle Paul, asked for intercession three times in bible, 1 Thes 5:25, 2 Thes 3:1, Heb 13:18.
- God can use you in giving material things to others, Jam 2:15-17 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and if one of you says to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, but you do not give them those things which are needful to the body, what good is it? Even so, if it does not have works, faith is dead, being by itself.
- God can use you by sharing the testimony of Jesus. This is by getting other people to believe in the work of God.
John 6:28-29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 9:3-4 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
THREE WAYS TO TESTIFY FOR JESUS
- By your testimony, that is, the miracles that took place in your life. By your testimonies, you will reach more people because they will believe it easily and in your God.
- By your life style, that is, the way you live, Matt 5:16, 1 Pet 3:1.
- By preaching the gospel – the good news, Matt 6:33, Rom 1:16.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
God doesn’t use a man without first equipping him. He doesn’t use you to dump you like man does. It is a symbiosis to be used by God: He takes the glory, but replenishes, refresh and reward you abundantly. It is a privilege to be used by Him.
Heb 4:7 …Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Lord, use me for your glory. Give me a testimony that will speak for you, Amen.
God bless you.