Life is a collection of seasons – good and bad seasons. At times, people feel knocked down and later knocked out. The word of God in 2 Cor 4:6-10 says you should not be in despair. The attitude of a true Christian is though he is knocked down he never gives up. It is not over until God says so and He has not said so. The only time you should give up is when you die. The spirit that overcomes the world dwell in you, therefore, you have no right to give up.
2 Cor 4:6-10 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
There is despair everywhere, and life brings to us what we didn’t bargain for; so, you need to develop a triumphant life. Life is an opportunity and every of life’s opportunity is a gift and you choose to either accept it or not. Such opportunity comes as good or bad. The world system is wired to make you fail but you must have strength to overcome. These opportunities could be to steal, kill, cheat and commit crime, or to survive, succeed, rise and make it.
Troubles and difficulties sometimes make your life worth much. They are opportunities in life. There is opportunity to fail or succeed, to fall down and rise up. There is also opportunity to become stronger, Valliant and resilient. God told me the reason He allows troubles and problems to come to man is to make His life worth much.
Job 19:23-29 Oh that my words were now written!
Oh that they were printed in a book!
That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock forever!
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
But ye should say, Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me?
Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath bringeth the punishments of the sword, that ye may know there is a judgment.
Job was sick and his closest confident, his wife, told him to curse God; this is the word of a backslidden woman. Even his friends made him realize that his sins caused his predicament. In spite of the words that said to him, he was affirmed and declared one of the strongest words that could ever be said in times of sorrows: “I know my redeemer liveth.” The real strength and beauty of a man is not physical. People sympathise their problems and seek sympathy in such times. Pick up yourself.
If you must have the spirit of this subject:
- You must be a dreamer – to dream is to see a brighter future. To see from God’s word, and only the Holy Spirit can impart you with this. He alone can give you hope, Jn 5:5, Rom 5:5, Rom 15:3. In these days in which we live, only the Holy Ghost can give hope. There are all kinds of hope; hope from men on all sort but a certain hope only comes from God.
- You must be a man of conviction – many men base their lives and values on nothing that is why they easily compromise. People that compromise fall easily Dan 3:16-18. I call conviction the IF NOT FAITH. God does not need to do a miracle to prove that He is powerful. After trusting God and quoting all the scriptures you can, you need another faith, that is, if He does not, I will still stand and continue to move on.
- You must get your enthusiasm back – troubles makes us loose enthusiasm for life. Enthusiasm in Greek is En Theo, meaning inside God or God in the inside. The way to get your enthusiasm back is to encourage yourself, 1 Sam 30:6. If you are waiting for people to encourage you you will be miserable. Increment God in your inside. Encourage yourself.
- Make light of your situation – Some people take themselves and their problems too seriously. Your problem is not the biggest nor new; so, don’t blow it up, 2 Cor 4:16-18. Whatever it is make it light. If you don’t make your problem light you may go down.
- Rejoice and make the devil mad – Anything that doesn’t want to make you laugh is the devil, Jam 1:2. When you have problem throw a party.
- Trust in the love of God – His love never fails. His love is more powerful than the hatred of Satan. His love is more powerful than you problems and troubles. He will never stop loving you. Your sins only stop Him from doing what He wants to do in your life not His love, Matt 28:20. Trust in His love both in good and bad times, Phil 1:6.
God said I will never leave you nor forsake you. If man wants to leave you let them leave.
When you lose help from man, hook up to God.