Repositioning means to make adjustment. It means to make godly adjustment in your thought life, spiritual life, and life style. It is making the necessary change that will necessitate God to bless you. I want you to know and understand the right positions to maintain to receive God’s glory and more. Knowledge is good but understanding is better. Knowledge is powerful but understanding is more powerful. Once a man understands, he will never remain the same again; he will be transformed. Glory in the Old Testament was called “kabhod” (Hebrew) and in the New Testament “doxa” (Greek). It means Honour, dignity, Splendour, majesty and the bliss of heaven. When God’s glory comes, it comes with weight.
Exo 33:13-14 Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found grace in Your sight, make me see now Your ways, that I may know You, that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people. And He said, My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest. And he said to Him, If Your presence does not go with me, do not carry us up from here. For in what shall it be known that I and Your people have found grace in Your sight? Is it not in that You go with us? So we shall be separated, I and Your people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth. And Jehovah said to Moses, I will do this thing also that you have spoken. For you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name. And he said, I beseech You, let me see Your glory. And He said, I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of Jehovah before you. And I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will have mercy on whom I will have mercy. And He said, You cannot see My face. For there no man can see Me and live. And Jehovah said, Behold! There is a place by Me, and you shall stand upon a rock. And it will be, while My glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. And I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back parts. But My face shall not be seen.
FEW THOUGHTS ON GOD’S GLORY
- It can be seen, Is 40:5, Gen 31:1, 45:13.
- It can be manifested, Jn 2:11. Here, Jesus performed miracles. Miracles are manifestation of God’s glory, Jn 1:14.
- Glory comes from God. He is the father of glory, Eph 1:10, Ps 24:10, Heb 1:3.
- Man is crowned with glory, Ps 8:5. Man is the only creature that puts on clothes to cover his nakedness. Other animals grow furs to cover their nakedness.
HOW DO WE REPOSITION OURSELVES FOR GREATER GLORY
- Draw near with a true heart – Heb 10:22. Move closer to God and make up your heart for a conditional change, Ps 73:27-28. Closeness to God is profitable. To draw near to God is a positional change.
- You must have a hunger and thirst for more of God, Is 44:3, Ps 107:9, 1 Sam 2:5. If you see anyone that finds God, that person is hungry.
- You must have holy determination. A man with determination is full of grace and he is not ready to say no, Job 14:14. People with determination don’t give up. Don’t leave where God has positioned you. God responds to determination.
- You must have faith in God, Heb 11:6, Ps 27:19, Rom 2:7. God responds to faith. He is merciful and gracious to those who believe in Him.
There are three things God cannot do:
- God cannot lie, Num 23:19.
- God cannot fail His promises, Ps 119:89.
- God cannot be pleased without faith, Rom 2:7, Heb 11:6, Ps 27:19.
- Break up your will. This is breaking up your hardness, Jn 4:34, Ps 51:17, Is 66:2, Ps 95:8. If God cannot break your hardness He can’t bless you, Ps 95:8. Don’t pray that you will be understood; pray that you will understand yourself.
- Take up your cross and follow Jesus, Matt 16:24. The cross is the place of death, death to self, 1 Cor 15:31. If it takes nothing from you to serve Jesus then your service is worth nothing. Serving Jesus will cost you something.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Revelation is everything. When you see yourself the way God sees you your life begins to change. There’s an encounter that brings down the glory, like the encounter Jacob had with the angel of God that changed his name and destiny forever. Just as Jesus promised life in abundance – Jn 10:10, you can receive His glory in greater measure.
God bless you.