LOOSE HIM AND LET HIM GO
The call of God upon our lives does not always come with ease. Practically speaking, we know that life is not a bed of roses. John 16:33 reveals, These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
We see the story of Lazarus in John 11:33-44, even though Lazarus was close to the Lord, he died all the same. Lazarus could not fulfill the call of God upon his life because his life was caught short. But the good news is that Christ has come that we might have life and have it in abundance.
7 Nuggets from the story of Lazarus:
- Jesus was a friend of Lazarus.
- Jesus Christ delayed so as to make a wonder out of the life of Lazarus.
- Jesus Christ is a High Priest that is touched by the feelings of our infirmities.
- Though you’re battered by the world, God is able to gather the pieces and use for His glory.
- People would say things to you, but do not allow it to affect your relationship with the Lord.
- As believers, we are partners in progress with the Lord.
- Do not allow the age of your problem to dictate for you.
John 11:43-44, And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with grave clothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
3 Points from the text:
- The devil bound the hands of Lazarus so as to hinder his fruitfulness
- The devil tied the feet of Lazarus so as to hinder his progress
- The devil bound his face so as to block his senses.
Senses that were blocked on the face:
Eyes:- Ephesians 1:18
Ears:- Psalms 40:6B
Nose:- Genesis 27:27
Mouth:- Psalms 81:10
Our God will not start a work and dump it half way, God always complete what he starts. It is one thing for you to be delivered from the dead, it is another thing for you to go and fulfill purpose. The hands, feet and face of Lazarus was bound, and this describes the spiritual condition of some Christians. But Jesus commanded, loose him and let him go.
John 10:10, The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
It takes God to make a man. If a man can make you, then a man can mar you.