MONEY MATTERS (V)-Grace Based Finances
Title: Grace-Based Finances
Grace is the basis for the things God does for us. The good news is good news to the poor if it includes prosperity. You have nothing to offer a poor man if you do not change his fortunes. Gospel means “Good Spell” and it literally means too good to be true.
Job 22:22-24, Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart. If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.
Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks.
The real money is not a product of much effort. The Bible says you shall have gold as dust. Dust appears every morning and that is the reason God says you would lay up gold as dust. You don’t do anything to attract dust into your house, it comes uninvited.
1. The big is in the stewardship of the small.
2. The tests of life are difficult because we do not know we are being tested.
3. The lack of thankfulness for small things means you don’t know the potential of a seed.
4. Delayed answers bring answers with interest.
5. Faith brings breakthrough; enduring faith brings breakthrough with character.
Points to note:
1. Proportional giving is taught in the Bible. 2 Cor 9:6; 2 Cor 8:2
2. Everyone should participate in giving. 1 Cor 16:2
3. The money you have should be in two forms:- seed and bread. You sow your seed but you eat your bread. 2 Cor 9:10, Is 55:10
4. Giving to God is the main reason for the job you do. Ephe 4:28; Acts 20:33-35
5. The blessing is on both the giver and the receiver. Acts 20:35.
6. What you give is only part of the equation; how we give is important. 2 Cor 9:7
7. There is a return and a harvest on giving. 2 Cor 9:7-9
8. When you give to others, you produce rejoicing towards God. 2 Cor 9:11; Phil 4:11
9. Don’t trust your money; trust in God. 1 Tim 6:6-7; Heb 13:5.
10. The more you have, the more you should give. 1 Tim 6:9,17.
11. It is okay for preachers to live by the gospel. 1 Cor 9:11-14
12. Seedtime and harvest time is an eternal principle that does not fail. Gen 8:22.
God does not expect you to give according to what you don’t have, He expects you to give according to what you have. When God wants to bless a man, nothing and nobody can stop Him. It does not take God a long time to bless, and all of our labours and sweats does not make much difference. It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich and He adds no sorrow with it (Prov 10:22).
We need strength when we are poor, but we need more strength when we become rich