Grace is the free unmerited love and favor of God; the spring and source of all the benefits men receive from Him. Until you understand grace you can’t understand God. And until you understand you cannot have faith. People pray and have faith in their prayers. People want to earn the things of God. God expects us to be people of grace. One of God’s qualities is that He is gracious.
2 Cor 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
Here, we find the three things that make up eternity: the grace of our Lord Jesus, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. The grace of our Lord Jesus makes God love us which brings the communion or fellowship of the Holy Spirit. We need to increase and grow in grace. Every one of us deserves great grace.
Thoughts on Grace
- God chooses ordinary people and graces them supernaturally. He specializes in giving grace to ordinary people. It is the grace that makes the difference in a man’s life.
- God has chosen you and me in Christ. The fact that you are saved is an act of grace. Grace is the reason behind every work of God, Gal 1-6, 1:15. The difference between men is in the grace upon them, 1 Cor 15:9, Gal 1:15.
We are justified by grace, Rom 3:24. It is by grace we are delivered. The word grace means charisma, Ps 84:11. It is by grace we live the Christian life, Act 20:32, Eph 2:1. The grace of God will not lead you to where it will not sustain you.
– Grace came by Jesus, John 1:17
– Grace can be frustrated through ignorance, your lifestyle and the things you do.
– You can take the grace of God of God in vain, 2 Pet 3:18.
– Grace is an invisible and invincible spiritual force that when it comes into your life works out things in the physical. It is a divine endowment from God to man and it comes from Jesus Christ alone.
The law says you must follow it to get the blessings, but grace says it is a free gift. Everything you have and have access to is an act of grace. Grace is an act of God.
If you kill my son, I will do any of these four things:
- I can kill you – Revenge.
- I can hand you over to the police – Justice.
- I can forgive you – Mercy.
- I can forgive you, tell you to go free, or even make my son – Grace.
Qualities of God Grace
- It is an act of God.
- It is undeserved, Rom 5:6-9, Deut 9:6.
- It is ill-deserved, that is, it is the exact opposite, Jer 31:3.
- It is sealed by the blood, Isa 49:16, Heb 7:25.
Demonstration of Grace
- Joseph – Gen 37:3.
- Jacob – Rom 9:10-16.
- Ephraim and Manasseh – Gen 48:14-20.
- Mephiboseth – 2 Sam 19:1-7.
- Mary mother of Jesus Christ – Luke 1:26-38.
The amazing grace is the unsearchable riches of God. If you had depended on your prayers alone to bring it to pass, you would be dead by now.
God’s blessing is not a sign of His approval. He blesses you because He is gracious.
You are who you are by God’s grace.
God bless you.