Isa 32:1 BEHOLD, A King will reign in righteousness, and princes will rule with justice.
Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.
I receive a clear instruction from God to tell you that the King is coming! Who is this king? This is the king born of a virgin. I am talking about Jesus Christ, He is coming back soon! He died on the cross, was buried and rose again on the third day, so that where He goes we can be with Him also. The earth is not our home; we are just sojourners awaiting the Master’s return. Matt 1:19-21. Rom 14:9, Heb 12:1-2.
Who is this Jesus?
- He is seated on the right hand of God The Father, Luke 22:66-69, Eph 1:19.
- He is the First and the Last, Rev 1:8, 21:6, 22:13.
- He is the Lamb who is worthy, Rev 5:1-5.
He is not coming like a man you see walking through the door, He is not coming like you expect or think; He is coming on a day and in a time unknown. Micah 1:2-3, Phil 4:5, Rev 22:7, 12, and 20. There have been several books and accounts telling us of the vision of heaven and angels all directed at Jesus’ imminent return. It is neither your business nor mine to know when He will come, but ours to prepare earnestly towards it.
Why Is Jesus Coming Back?
- Because He promised to return. John 16:16 and 22
- Because there is darkness in the land. Mark 13:8, 12, and 22, Matt 24:37, Gen 6:11
- Because He is coming for His own. John 14:2
- Because He is coming to judge the nations of the world, Obadiah 1:15, Jer 25:31
How Do We Prepare For His Return?
- Confess, repent and forsake the way of sin, Luke 15:17, 1 Cor 10:12.
Repentance is about three things:
- Get up from your slumber.
- Change your position.
- Verbalise that change, that is, confess your faults to Jesus.
- Seek first the kingdom of God and its righteousness, Matt 6:33.
- Build yourself up in godliness, 1 Tim 4:8.
- Live righteously, Rom 12:2, John 17:15.
- Live in the spirit often, Gal 5:16-18.
- Pursue after righteousness, Pro 8:20, 21:21, 1 Tim 6:11, Rom 14:12.
- Preach the gospel, Mark 16:15, Isa 52:7
- Set your heart on things above, Col 3:1, 1 Cor 3:13, 2 Tim 2:11, Matt 3:3, Mark 1:3, Luke 3:4
Consider these three things:
- Remember Ananias and Sapphira, Act 5:1-10.
- Remember Lot’s wife, Gen 19.
- Remember when you were young, how hurriedly you put the house in order when you heard your parent’s car horn, Mark 1:6, and Matt 9:30.
I am reminding you that the King is coming and you must be prepared. There is a responsibility to live right after you have given your life to Christ; a responsibility to follow after God. Everyone shall give a personal account to the master. For those who have gone away, the master is calling you to a place of repentance, restoration and dedication. He is calling you to come back home. Deut 30:19-20, Josh 24:14-15.
Mat 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
Mat 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
God bless you.