Pastor Bayo Adewuyi
God is not probable. The acts of God are not based on the law or principle of probability. There are principles behind every law and when you apply them they never fail. The world in which we live is governed by laws, the spirit realm also. One of the laws of the spirit is the law of faith. This law guides our relationship with and expectations from God. Laws are not visible. You believe them or not they truly exist. For instance, the law of gravity (gravitational force) is not tangible; if you jump up, you’re sure you will come down. You believe or disbelieve a law does not undermine its effect. There is always result for laws obeyed or disobeyed.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
The law of faith hinges on believing God and acting on that belief. If we without doubt believe the pilot of the plane we board is not insane, neither is the driver of a cab erratic, then why do we find it difficult to believe God absolutely. It is necessary that our faith grows beyond what we can see to things unseen.
The Principles of The Law of Faith
- Faith must be in God and His words alone. Faith does not operate without the word of God. To trust God is to have faith in His word and the God of the word. If God says it just take Him by His word.
Num 23:19 God is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good?
1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.
- Faith operates by asking. To confess God’s word is not to convince Him but to put your mind at ease.
Jam 1:6-7 But let him ask in faith, doubting nothing. For he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed. For do not let that man think that he shall receive anything from the Lord;
Mat 7:7 Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.
- Command it to happen. Speak what God has spoken concerning the condition. There is always a word for every situation. Believe in your heart, and then say it.
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief. For truly I say to you, If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you shall say to this mountain, Move from here to there. And it shall move. And nothing shall be impossible to you.
Mar 11:23 “Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.
- Faith operates by belief. Faith is the link that puts everything together. To believe means to have confidence in the truth without a physical evidence or proof. You have to be fully persuaded to believe God. If you must prove faith, your persuasion is it.
Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Mat 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
- Confess what you believe. You confession overrides the devil and the circumstance.
2 Cor 4:13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speakMat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is
- Act on your belief. He is a God of action. He urges His people to act. Satan wants you to be recessive, dormant, sleepy and inactive. God says it; you just do it! Do what you believe! Do the word!
There is nothing God can’t do. Have confidence in His word and the God of the word. Send Satan packing by confessing and acting the word. Let faith be you staff (to guide) and shield (to protect).
God bless you.