These are difficult and dangerous days. Days in which Satan lays hold on lives and destinies. Whenever you turn on the television or flip through the pages of dailies, you see the finger print of evil happenings stamping its lines on every region of the world. These are the days of anxiety in which the devil puts its dirty finger in people’s lives and businesses. This explains and underscores the importance of the secret place.
Since sin exposes anyone to the scourge of demonic spirits; obedience to God brings you into the secret place. All the security gadgets we put around us cannot stop the enemy from striking; only a sure God who is the secret place can guarantee you of sure safety. Only God can stop the works of the enemy. The devil can deceive a whole generation. As a matter of fact, people are deceived because they choose to. Deception is a choice.
Mat 24:4-25 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. the ministry of angels [psalms 91:7-13] 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Certain promises of God are predicated upon the ministration of angels. Angels are divinely assigned for our benefit. One of their ministry responsibilities is to ensure our safety in times of trouble according to Psa 91:11-12. Many people are unaware of angels and their obligations to mankind. God instructs them to be at the service of humanity.
Psa 103:20-22 Praise the LORD, you angels of his, you mighty creatures who carry out his plans, listening for each of his commands.
Yes, praise the LORD, you armies of angels who serve him and do his will!
Praise the LORD, everything he has created, everywhere in his kingdom. As for me-I, too, will praise the LORD.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels He says, “Who makes His angels spirits and His ministers a flame of fire.”
Heb 1:13-14 But to which of the angels, did He say at any time, “Sit on My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool?”
Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation?
Angels were created by God for service¾sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation. A lot of them are idle until they are ordered to minister. Angels are the foot soldiers of God. They function in and keep the peace of the secret place.
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON ANGELS
- They are ministering (servants) spirits for the heirs of salvation. They have form, shape and are ministering beings. Psa 104:4.
- They are sealed and so cannot disobey God. Jude 1:6.
- We all have guardian angels. Matt 18:10.
- They all operate under the captaincy of the Lord of Host¾the Holy Ghost.
MINISTERIAL HIERARCHY OF ANGELS
- There is the ministry of the warriors angels. They are the foot soldiers in the secret place and are led by the Arch-angel Michael.
- There are the worshippers. These are the ones that sing around the throne of God endlessly. They lead praise and worship in heaven. They send praise into the atmosphere of heaven. It was led by Lucifer.
- There are the workers. They are led by Arch-angel Gabriel. They carry errands in the secret place. It was Gabriel that was sent to the Virgin Mary, Daniel and Joseph.
Though they have leaders, they all operate under the Captain of the host [the Holy Ghost].
THE FUNCTIONS OF ANGELS
- They are been sent to speak for God. Judges 6:12, Luke 1:13&20, Matt 1:20.
- They can fight for God’s people. Isa 37:36.
- They can also deliver God’s people in trouble. Dan 6:22, 3:28, Acts 5:19-20, 12:11.
- They strengthen God’s people in time of weakness. Luke 22:43.
- They join believers to praise God. Psa 148:2.
- They deliver supply and protection. Psa 34:7, Exo 14:19.
- The angels of God execute His words. 1 Chron 21:15-16.
HOW TO ACTIVATE ANGELS
- You must give them a word to execute. Give them an assignment. Give them a word to supply, protect and deliver. Whatever you ask them to say you must believe it to happen. Angels don’t execute negative instructions. Psa 103:20, 91:11.
- You must walk by faith not by sight. Angels respond to the voice of faith.
- You activate them through praise and thanksgiving not by murmurings. When you sing and praise God, the angels join also.
- Activate them when you get into trouble. Cry out to God and His angels will respond appropriately.
Be glad because you have servants. You are not left alone to do things all by yourself. They are at your service for your ministration. Though they are spirit beings, they have the ability to appear in the body also. They can function both in the spiritual and physical realm. They can be seen. When an angel appears physically, it means the task is very important.
Food for thought
Don’t ever go to a place where the grace of God does not cover you. Don’t ever go to a place where the angels of God won’t follow you.
For He will give His angels charge concerning me, to guard me in all my ways.
They will bear me up in their hands, that I do not strike my foot against a stone.
God bless you.