A lot of Christians are very afraid most especially of sicknesses and diseases like the recent case of Ebola Virus Disease – EVD. Fear is more deadly than Ebola virus. The days in which we live are full of fearful happenings which do not only exist but are over exaggerated. These happenings are more terrible than ever in history. They signal a manifestation of the spirit of the last days.
As Christians, we should learn to proclaim God’s declaration about every matter that occurs in our journey of life including Ebola Virus Disease. The secret place is the safe place of refuge in God. The ultimate safety anywhere and anytime is the secret place of the Most High. This place contains the comprehensive insurance policy of God for every one of us; therefore, take the advantage of it. Psalm 91:1-16.
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Thoughts And Comments On God’s Secret Place
- There is a secret place God has created. This is the place of safe refuge.
Psa 27:5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
- God Himself is the secret place. God is not just a person, He is also a place.
- There are forces arrayed against us: fear being the most potent of forces designed to bring us out of the secret place.
- Though provided for by God, you need to dwell in it to be saved. Pro 18:10.
What Is The Secret Place?
God’s plan for those who serve Him is comprehensive; it ranges from spiritual to physical and material well-being. It covers preservation, promotion and answers to prayers. It also covers longevity of life, and fulfillment on earth as well as admission to eternal reward in heaven. All of these provisions are only available in the secret place because God made it available there. If you wander from the secret place, you could leave the place of God’s provision.
Pro 27:8 As a bird that wandereth from her nest, so is a man that wandereth from his place.
The secret place therefore is:
- The place of union with God. This union implies God’s likes are our likes, and His dislikes ours also. To be in His secret place, you must have the knowledge and experience of salvation.
- The place of perpetual obedience to the will and way of God. John 6:38, 4:34.
- The place of immunity and complete safety. Job 1:9-10, 1 John 5:18, James 4:7.
- The place of humility. The hallmark of humility is serving other people. Pride drives you out of the secret place.
- The place of completeness in Him. He that is complete does not compete. Col 2:10.
- The secret place is a heavenly place. This is a place of togetherness with Christ. The secret place is not a place of visit but jeweling. Eph 2:4-6.
How To Dwell In The Secret Place?
- Close your mind to anything that is not of God. Expel from your mind any knowledge contrary to God’s word. For you to keep God’s word in you, God must be dwelling in your body. What you hear has no more effect on you as to what you do with it. Sincerely, you are responsible for what you do with what you hear. What you hear and consume either keep God or drive Him out of you. So, keep your vessel full of God. Luke 8:18.
- Consecrate yourself. This means to consciously give yourself to God. To do this, you ensure your body will only go and do the things God approves.
- Put on the Lord Jesus Christ. Rom 13:12-14
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand; therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk becomingly, as in the day; not in carousing and drinking; not in co-habitation and lustful acts; not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not take thought beforehand for the lusts of the flesh.
The ultimate place of safety is in Jesus. This is not the Jesus mere spoken in your mouth but the one you have in your heart. This is the Jesus you walk and relate with. This is the Jesus that breathes and speaks through you. The Lord help and bless you in Jesus name. Amen.
Lord, I consecrate my life to you. I give you my heart, soul and body. I give you everything I have got. I give you my whole being. I am submissive totally and completely to your spirit. Because am your child and I dwell in you; I am sited in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Amen.
And, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.