Pastor Alex Adegboye
Text: Hebrews 10:19 -25
The tearing of the veil was a momentous event as it happened at the exact moment Jesus breathed His last. That event was not a happenstance, but a shadow of the real thing that was to be fulfilled in the New Testament. It was a physical event that demonstrated deep spiritual truth.
Entering into the Holy of Holies was the 3rd implication of the torn veil, living life in the Spirit. God expects us to live in His presence, in the Holy of Holies, and that was why He tore the veil. Experience life in the Spirit, in the very presence of God, as a lifestyle every day of your life.
You cannot enter to dwell in God’s presence without the Holy Spirit. The life inside the Holy of Holies depends entirely on the Holy Spirit; hence it is called life in the Spirit. The constitution of the place where you live in determines the way you live your life. The Holy Spirit is the one who enables us to experience the realities of living in the Spirit, life in its entirety. John 16:7 talks about experiencing living reality and the saving grace of the Holy Spirit. Ephesians 1:14.
How do you live life in the Spirit? (Living life beyond the veil)
- Hold fast the profession of your faith, in other words, the confession of your faith (Hebrews 10:23). The Christian faith is a faith of confession – saying what God is saying with skill continuously. A professional is a skilful person who knows what he is doing, does it with knowledge and skill continuously. It takes the Holy Spirit to enable you say what God is saying continuously despite the enemy wanting you to speak to the contrary under pressure. Hold fast to the Word of God without wavering or faltering. Use the Word of God as a means to an end. Hebrews 5:13-14, if you haven’t learnt to use the Word of God skillfully, you are still a child. Use it to make things happen by skillfully applying it. Nothing works by you doing it only once, you have to stay consistently persistent. Hebrews 3:1. In Romans 4:20 Abraham did not stagger at the promise of God for 25 years, till he got the results. Anybody can start, but it takes strength to finish. If you waver and are double-minded, you will get nothing.
- Count Him faithful Who promised. His faithfulness is an anchor for the soul. Hebrews 6:18-19 makes us to understand that people who live in the Holy of Holies know and have faith in God’s faithfulness. Even when we are down and out, God is still faithful in spite of disappointment from people. He never changes; when you pray with that consciousness, you will experience the power of God.
- Hebrews 10:24, love. Life in the Holy of Holies is all about love, live a life of love. Life in the Spirit is a life of love. 1 John 4:8, Romans 5:5, it passes all knowledge. Don’t pray for it, live it. The only thing you owe other people is to love them, for your spirit is the spirit of love. 1 John 4:7, 1 Thessalonians 4:9, Galatians 6:10
- Good works: Provoke others to good works by being an example of good works yourself. Be a doer of the Word and ask yourself whatever you are doing, is it good? Titus 2:11-14, 3:8. Be careful to behave yourself wisely and charitably especially with the members of the household of God, for it is good and profitable. If your lifestyle or your business is not bringing glory to God (not rich in good works), no matter how profitable it is, stop it!
- Don’t forsake the assembly of the brethren. Exhort one another, blessing each other. Coming to church has become religious to some people and they equate it to being spiritual. The church in reality is the body of Christ, a living organism that radiates the life of God, therefore do not forsake it. You draw strength from one another and are channels of blessings to each other. 1 Timothy 3:15.
Reasons why you should not forsake the assembling together as a church:
- It is your duty to come to church
- It is a place of service to God where your presence and conduct encourages other people
- Your presence or absence is saying something about your commitment to God. It is a place we serve and show love.
- It is a place of power and agreement. If God wants to move in your life, He starts right here in church, and it spreads to your home and other areas of your life.
- The church is a place of consecration and intercession, where we pray for one another
- The church is a place of instruction, where you are instructed on what to do and how to do it; how to live your life in a profitable way. Psalms 122:1
So absence for church is a serious matter. When people begin t draw back in their church attendance, it’s a serious symptom of backsliding. Continuous living and fellowshipping with other Christians is a sign that you are spiritually alive and active. The Bible says those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. We gather together so we can bless and learn to do what the Word says.
Live prayerfully, draw near unto God and live your life in the spirit.