An attack is the use of violence to cause harm to somebody or something. It is called a spiritual attack when the being behind it is the devil. He launches its attacks using both human and inanimate agents. The devil attacks everybody alike; whether saved or not, hardworking or idle, spiritual or carnal. There comes a time in life when the devil targets you. I will tell you how to wage spiritual battles. I’ve hard to wage wars against the devil a number of times. The devil can attack your business, health, finances, children, wife, home, e.t.c.
Diagnosis proceeds proper prognosis. This implies there are times when you need to diagnose situations and circumstances to know whether they are of the devil. Some people have been so attacked that they are accustomed to it and just live in a cruise mode with. The Apostle Paul, stressed in 2 Tim 1:11-12, that he went through all these sorrows because of what God has called him into. Invariably, you suffer demonic attacks a times because of God’s call upon your life; or, what you have be divinely chosen to do or become on earth.
Because satan wanted to attack Israel to cause death and destruction of lives and property, he provoked their leader David to do what God never approved of. Spiritual attacks are unseen actions carried out by demons. Demons are emissaries of satan. That they are unseen does not mean they don’t exist.
2 Tim 1:11-12 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
1 Chron 21:1-5 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, go, number Israel from Beer-sheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.
And Joab answered, The LORD makes his people a hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord’s servants? Why then doth my lord require this thing? Why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel?
Nevertheless the king’s word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed, and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem.
And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and a hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword.
Initial Thoughts on this Subject
- The devil has a plan for your life (he has a plan for every life), John 10:10. He wants you to be sick, depressed, defeated, miserable, lost and hopeless. The devil’s three fold assignment is to: steal, kill and destroy. To steal me means to put a hand in another man’s pocket. To kill means to shed blood. To destroy means to obliterate. What he can’t steal, he will kill, and what he can’t kill, he will destroy.
- The devil is behind the attack, it is not that person. He is behind every misery but using a human face. Everyone is a moving target of God’s blessing; so is everyone a moving target of demonic attack.
- Satan is a master strategist. He takes a lot of time to plan and launch attacks. He attacks with strategy. Most times, his strategies appeal to the target of his attack. His strategies are sinister, 2 Cor 2:11 2 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
- Spiritual warfare is a team’s sport (a team work). It is like football. It involves a number of things. A leader’s victory is determined by the whole house. If you win a battle generations will benefit from it, also, when you lose a battle generations will suffer.
- It is your responsibility not to be ignorant. Ignorance is very expensive.
What Triggers Demonic Attack?
- Your salvation. The devil is after you because you have Christ. The way the devil fights God is to fight you. He attacks God by attacking you.
- The call of God upon your life. Every believer has a call; and our calling is different. The calling of God is on three fold thus:
- It is a high calling, Phil 3:14.
- It is a holy calling, 2 Tim 1:4.
- It is a heavenly calling, Heb 3:1.
According to your calling so will the targeting and attack be. Every call has a demonic attack attached to it by the devil. Mind you, whatever you call your calling is what people will call it for you.
- Your potential. This is the investment of God in your life; what He has called you to be, Ps 139:13.
- Fear of what you can do to his kingdom. He sees the threat you will become when you are blessed. The devil takes people through troubles so that their anointing can be ineffective, Jer 51:20.
- Fear of your seed. The fear of what your seed will become, Ps 11:2.
- Disobedience to God. Every time you say no to God you are inadvertently saying yes to satan. Disobedience attracts demonic attacks. Pride is disobedience.
What Should You Do When You Are Under A Spiritual Attack?
- Don’t give up, don’t give in. the staying power is available in Jesus. Anyone that gives up never wins. It takes a lot to press in battle. Having done all stand. Matt 24:13, Phil 3:12.
- Be determined, committed and consecrated to Jesus. The power of God works through committed vessels. There is a minimum level of commitment that triggers the power of God in any man’s life. Ps 18:19
- Develop the fruit of the spirit. The fruit of the spirit is the character of the believer. Gal 5:22-23.
- Protect your relationship with Jesus. Ps 34:19, 18:16-19.
You trouble is a messenger telling you how big you are. Your attacks are a messenger revealing how much God has invested in you.
The fruit of the spirit is the character of the believer.