The revelation of God’s word in you determines the amount of faith in you and the level of faith in you determines your victory. Jesus’ three days in the grave was actually spent in the hell where He went to rout the enemy and prepare for Christians a train of triumph, a train calling on all Christians to join and celebrate this momentous victory over sin, Satan and Hades. By this victory; sin, Satan and death lost their grip over all who have given their lives to Christ and are secured by Him, Hallelujah!
When Jesus routed the enemy, it was momentous, and He celebrated it. The celebration started in hell, continued all through and Jesus made of it a train, a procession to heaven and wants us to join the train. The Bible says, Jesus was manifested to destroy the works of the devil and that is why we celebrate. 1 John 3:8, “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”
The gospel of Jesus is predicated on the fact that He resurrected. A revelation of that resurrection is crucial to our faith. By our spirit man we’ve come to understand that Christ resurrected and we shall also resurrect like Him. 2 Timothy 2:8, “Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel.” 2 Corinthians 2:14, “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.”
Jesus spoilt principalities and powers and after beating them, He threw a party. Jesus was in the grave for three days and rose afterwards to put a seal on our salvation. If the devil could not hold Jesus he cannot hold us too. If the devil holds you, it’s because you don’t know what Jesus has accomplished for you. Colossians 2:10-14, “And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power… wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross”
What Jesus Accomplished
- We are complete in Him. If you are complete you don’t compete. You are fulfilled in life by faith. You are created a masterpiece of God’s creation.
- He gave us power to become sons. By this, we bear God’s identity and have access to God’s abundance, riches and glory. John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”
- He made us identify with His death and resurrection. This we had through water baptism. We are alive! We died with Him, were buried with Him, resurrected with Him and are seated with Him in heavenly places, Ephesians 2:4-5.
- He made us free from our past so that we don’t identify with it anymore. Our past wants to dictate our future, for this, Jesus detached and disconnected our past from us so it may not work against us.
- He has dealt with our sins and its effects comprehensively. Colossians 2:14, “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.”
- He spoilt our enemies for us because He knew they are too strong for us. To actualize this victory, you must identify with what He has done for us. The devil does not have the power to kill or defeat you anymore; it has been taken away from him by Jesus. Hear the voice of victory and join the train of triumph.
Excerpts of the message titled: “The Train of Triumph” by Senior Pastor Alex Adegboye.