The coronavirus pandemic is gradually holding the world to a standstill. Despite all the efforts being put in place by health professionals, governmental regulations and laid down hygienic procedures, the fear of being infected has astronomically increased in the last few days.
As scary and weird the coronavirus is, the aim of this article is not to spread fear or induce panic but to beam a ray of hope, peace, love, strength and courage. Our hearts go out to those who are either suffering from or grieving the loss of their loved ones to this disease.
So, what is the way out and how can followers of Jesus boldly live their faith and be a source of strength in their communities during the coronavirus? The children of God have crossed from darkness into light and into the Kingdom of His dear Son. Therefore, His promise for us is that, The LORD will take away from you all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you know, upon you; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee (Deuteronomy 7.15).
The 3 Actionable Ps:
1. Protect yourself:
– Wash your hands regularly with plenty of soap and water.
– Keep an alcohol-based sanitizer ready for times when soap and water are not available.
– Don’t touch your eyes, mouth or nose with unclean hands.
– Keep your distance of at least 1 meter from anyone coughing or sneezing.
– Follow no-touch greeting. Prefer hand waving over handshake.
2. Protect your loved ones:
– Don’t sneeze or cough into your hands. Use a tissue and throw it away immediately, or sneeze in the inner side of your elbow.
– If you’re sick seek medical help.
– Do wear a mask if you’re sick and also if you are taking care of someone with the symptoms.
3. Protect your community.
– If you feel unwell, seek medical attention.
– If you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, stay indoors.
– Call healthcare professionals and follow their advice.
– Do not share “just any forwarded message”. Only share authentic information coming through medical experts.
If you traveled to any of the countries where infection cases have been detected, it is important to self-isolation for 14 days. You are doing this not because you are scared but to protect others too.
Download Coronavirus: The No-Panic Help Guide
Plug in to the Word.
This is not the time to stay glued to news channels because it will only deplete your faith. It’s time to plug in to the Word of God at every opportunity you have. Stay glued with God. Spend more time in communion and fellowship with the Lord Who sanctifies – Jehovah Mekoddishkem. Do not be controlled by the bad news of the news media, rather be controlled by the good news of heaven’s media.
Ensure to fill your souls and minds with God’s assurance. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who has promised who also will do it (1 Thessalonians 5.23-24).
A good place to start from is our collection of Pastor Alex Adegboye’s sermons that will drive away all fear and doubts, and boost courage and faith in you. bit.ly/tscmedia
Crisis Creates Opportunities!
- Seek opportunities to talk Jesus to colleagues, friends, family and members of your community.
Acts 8:4-5 (NKJV) Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word. Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them.
- For those who are saved teach them on praying, believing and standing on the Word of God.
- Reach inwards in love to family, friends and other church members
- Acts 12:5 (KJV) Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
Be a giver
There’s every likelihood that the impact of the coronavirus will leave many people helpless and in need. Look for ways to be generous to your family, friends, church and neighbours.
Look unto Jesus
Romans 13:11 (NKJV) And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.
- Find peace, love, strength and hope here bit.ly/tscmedia
- Share this article with those you care about using the social media icons below.