Pastor Alex Adegboye
Heb 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
When I first found this scripture and studied it in depth, I had this revelation that the only way to go far with God and tap into His inner-most is only through faith. The Lord told me some years ago that if I truly want help people, I should teach them how to have faith in Him. There is nothing in God that works without faith. In fact, there are a number of things we get from God without asking for them, but to enjoy and sustain them, we need to have faith to do that. If you really want to get along with God you need to understand the subject of faith.
Gen 3:8 – 10 “And they heard the voice of Jehovah God walking in the garden in the cool of the day. And Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of Jehovah God in the middle of the trees of the garden. And Jehovah God called to Adam and said to him, where are you? And he said, I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I am naked, and I hid myself.”
Faith is a subject of location. When God asked Adam where he was, He was not asking about his physical location but his current spiritual location. Adam was hiding himself from God in his heart. If you are not geographically located in faith you can’t please God. If you don’t reside within the perimeter of God (that is, in the location of faith), you cannot dwell within the place of God. God’s desire to bless us is contingent upon the current location of our hearts. I want you to know that the start up of faith is in your heart.
Adam and Eve fell through the sin of unbelief. They believed Satan and disbelieved God. This single act of sin separated them from their location. Unbelief is the root of every sin. If you don’t believe the Holy Scriptures, certainly, you will believe something else.
2Ch 16:9 “For the eyes of Jehovah run to and fro in all the whole earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is perfect toward Him.”
According to the scripture above, the word “perfection” means you believe in God. To be within or without the location of faith determines whether you are blessed by God or not. Hab 2:4 “Behold, the soul of him is lifted up, and is not upright; but the just shall live by his faith.” Nobody gets far with God without knowing and having faith. The bible gave a testimony of heroes of faith who all died in faith – they were properly located in faith, Heb 11:13 “These all died by way of faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off. And they were persuaded of them and embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.”
The scriptures according to Exo 32:26-27, gave an account how the children of Israel perished in the wilderness because of their lack of faith. When people cannot believe God they become idolaters because they have to believe something else. When you don’t believe God you do stupid things. Know also, that the content of your words in prayer determine whether you are within or without the location of prayer.
QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE WHETHER YOU ARE WITHIN OR WITHOUT FAITH
- Am I doing what God asked me to do?
- Am I following the assignment He gave me for my life?
- Am I in obedience or disobedience to His word?
- Am I sticking to the plans Jesus has for my life?
SIX IMPORTANT ISSUES OF FAITH
- Faith is the most important force behind the release of power.
- Faith works but also needs to be worked – that is, work out your faith, Rom 10:6-13.
- Faith cost but it pays. Faith involves a number of activities: prayers, studying the word, church attendance, perseverance, consistency, patience, obedience, e.t.c.
- Faith is the victory, love is the key. Gal 5:6 “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any strength, but faith working through love.”
- Faith is constantly under attack. Every time the devil attacks you, he wants to kill your faith. Luk 22:31-32 “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has desired you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith fail not. And when you are converted, strengthen your brothers.”
- Faith operates by the law of the kingdom.
Note: Satan does not attack any Christian without God knowing about it. He seeks your faith to destroy it.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Faith is the language of the spirit, the residence of God and the release of power for the Christian sojourn on earth. Have FAITH in God!
God bless you.