I want to speak about God’s blessing. The moment you give your life to Christ your perception about God’s blessing must change. There’s got to be a change in your psyche and mentality about blessing. The consciousness that you don’t have or what you have is insufficient is called “Shortage Mentality”. You’ve got to have a balanced mentality about this.
From the beginning, we were positioned for God’s blessing. 1Pet. 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. It is important that you’re properly positioned for His blessing. As a matter of fact, man was blessed from the beginning, but he lost it through sin. What he was blessed with was cursed when he was banished out of the Garden of Eden. Until you come to Jesus, all the positions and possessions you have is cursed. It is Jesus that lifts up this curse from the blessing. Every blessing outside Jesus carries sorrow. Only Jesus’ blessing is sorrow free.
Gen. 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Ps. 129:8 Neither do they which go by say, The blessing of the LORD be upon you: we bless you in the name of the LORD.
Pro. 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
Blessing is God’s empowerment in action. It is an empowerment in a man’s spirit which translates in the physical. I want you to know that you are thoroughly blessed by the God that made the heaven and the earth. Blessing is not really about the physical possession but the content within. Let’s consider the account of Abraham.
Gen. 12:1-4 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.
Isa 51:2 Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
According to the account in Genesis, this is the first encounter of Abraham with God. God called him and even referred us to his account as a reflection of true blessing. Until this encounter, Abraham was just a man like any other but was blessed increased afterwards.
I want to address the following questions people usually ask about blessing:
- Is it the will of God to prosper me more than this level? The answer is a resounding yes. 3 John 2
- Can God prosper me? Yes! Is. 60:15
- Am I ready to receive the blessing? To be ready is to be positioned like Abraham. Grace found Abraham but he needed faith to actualize the blessing. Besides grace, you need faith to actualize God’s blessing.
There are some necessary things you need to do to possess and enjoy God’s blessing:
Jam. 2:20-22 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
HOW TO POSITION YOURSELF FOR GOD’S BLESSINGS
- You must be at the right place at the right time. You need to change you location to change your position. The people you surround yourself with are important to your faith. Association determines your faith. You will need to leave some of your associates, friends and relatives. You need to change your position to change your condition – Pro. 27:8. You need to change a number of environments: mental, psychological, physical, spiritual, et al.
- You must live a life of obedience – Gen. 12:4, 13:14-16, 15:18. When a man acts in obedience to God’s word there is a blessing for it – Gen. 21:12-20, 22:1-2 and 16-18,. For a blessing to go into operation, you must live a live obedience.
- You must live a life of sacrifice. When sacrifices are offered God shows up. Sacrifice is a thing of importance to God. It is anything you do or give that cost you something and it essentially comes from the heart. When it is a sacrifice it moves God. Hannah gave her son, Abraham gave God his only son, and the widow of Zarephath gave her last meal. Sacrifice is doing things from the heart – Gen. 46:1-2, 1 Kings 3:4-5.
PRINCIPLES OF ACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE
- It must be inspired by the Holy Spirit.
- Your sacrifice must be full and in whole. If God says give don’t give Him anything less.
- It must be offered by faith in God.
- Live a generous life style.
- You must have an expectation. You do this by keeping hope alive.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Keeping expectation alive is a good position to be to receive God’s blessing. When you lose expectation you lose everything. Hold on to your faith to keep hope alive.
I am positioned and ready to be blessed.