I want to bring the understanding of spiritual warfare to us because I understand that there is a need for spiritual understanding. Some people are not aware of spiritual activities. God is a Spirit, He operates in the Spirit realm but He is also tangible and can be understood.
The spiritual realm does not only consist of demons; it also involves good angels of God who have been sent forth to minister to the saints of God. But we need to get proper understanding of these things because understanding is key.
Prov 4:7, Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Anything that is evil comes from satan. There is too much emphasis on satan and demons and there are too many preachers that specialize in demonology. There is certainly a warfare in the spirit, but what is the nature of this warfare?
There is a battle line drawn between an ex-employee of God and God. The devil understands that he cannot get to God, so he gets to his creature in order to get to God. The devil is coming at you because he wants to get at God.
God, by a spiritual masters stroke, entered into a covenant with Jesus Christ after He’d faced satan and defeated him on the behalf of God’s children. That is why everyone who believes in Jesus are more than conquerors.
1. The Lord Jesus Christ has won a comprehensive victory over satan.
2. This victory is not a gradual, progressive on-going victory, it is absolute, total, final, complete, and perfect victory
3. He did not just win it for Himself, He won for all that put their trust in Him. 1 Cor 15:57, 1 John 5:4When God made the earth, He made the first man, Adam, the general overseer. Ps 115:16, The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men. Adam lost the authority God gave him to satan. As long as the lease of Adam holds, satan is here and he is the god of this world (2 Cor 4:4). But Jesus Christ came to this earth and defeated satan in battle and those who believe in Him can enjoy victory.
We are not in warfare to win the battle, we are in warfare to enforce the victory that Christ wrought for us. You cannot win a battle that has already been won, you can only enjoy the spoils. It is already paid for. We already have the victory but it may not have manifested in our situation. In time, our victory will come to physical manifestation, and this is the reason for frustration and devastation.
Points on Spiritual Warfare:
1. We are not fighting a physical battle. 2 Cor 10:3
2. The weapons of our warfare are not physical. 2 Cor 10:4
3. Our enemies are not flesh and blood. Luke 23:34
4. The battleground is in the mind. Ephe 4:27, Prov 4:23
5. Salvation with praise eliminates violence. Is 60:18, Psalm 149:6
As Christians, it is important that we guard our hearts with all diligence. Proverbs 4:23, Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. Fill your heart with the Word of God. The Word of God is light and if you would allow it to fill your heart, it will dispel darkness. Let the Word of God dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16).
– A city with walls without gates is not completely safe.
– Spiritual growth is when you are less of yourself and are controlled by the influence of the Holy Spirit.