The Lord asked me to tell someone this day, though you are knocked down, you are not knocked out. In life, there are times we are knocked down by situations of life but God’s word will keep us from been knocked out.
2 Cor 4:6-10 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
2 Cor 1:8-11 For, brothers, we would not have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength; so much so that we despaired even of life. But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, so that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead; who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver; in whom we trust that He will yet deliver us, with you also helping together by prayer for us, so that the gracious gift by many persons be the cause of thanksgiving through many for us.
Here, the apostle claimed he has been here before, so, he understands how it is. Sometimes, we prefer dying is better than living because everything is saying is over, but Paul is saying you are not alone. God is there with you, that is why you’ve got to see the way God see you condition. Tough times never last but tough people do.
A Few Thought on This Subject
- The real strength and value of a man are spiritual, Pro 18:14
- The enemy attacks everybody alike, 1 Pet 5:8, Job 14:1.
- Our response to trouble is more important than the trouble itself. The response will determine and make the difference. People respond differently to same trouble. Some people worship their problems and troubles than worship God.
- You can refuse to be knocked out though you’ve be knocked down.
Signs of Been Knocked Out
- Sometimes when you give up or blame other people for your predicament.
- When you make negative comments about your condition.
- When you stop to dream.
- When you stop to expect answers to prayers and become cynical.
- When you die.
Reasons Why I Say You Are Knocked Out
- Because God says so, Pro 24:16, 24:16, Micah 7:8.
- Because others have been there before you and are not out, 1 Cor 10:13, Ps 34:19-20.
- Things can only get better not worse. Now you have reached the bottom, you can only go up, Pro 4:18, Hag 2:8-9.
- Because you are not dead yet, there is hope, Eccl 9:4.
To be joined to the living:
- You must be alive.
- You must give you life to Christ (be born again).
- Because if you are knocked out you will be a failure and you are not, 1 Jn 5:4. Nothing can make you a failure but you.
- God can redeem our greatest mistakes and biggest weaknesses.
1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Though I may be knocked down, I refused to be knocked out.
If you refuse to be knocked out you will not be out.